Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day!!

I have to say that I really look forward to this time of year. Before I became a mum myself I never gave this day much thought. It was just another day to buy presents for someone. Now however I realise exactly what this day means.

When I look back now I realise just how amazing my mum is. She had 7 children all of whom she loved unconditionally and would do absolutely anything for. My sister sadly passed away when she was a baby and I don't know how my mm was able to cope! I couldn't imagine loosing one of my girls. The agony she must have went through and yet she put on a brave face in front of us.

There is nothing I could say to my mum that would make her love me any less. When I got pregnant at 18 she could have went mental and to be honest I thought she would but she was so calm and did everything for me. She even looked after Mya for me and I was able to go back to university 3 weeks after having Mya knowing that she was in safe hands and it also meant that I didn't fall behind.

I owe my mum so much and I don't know if she will ever understand how much she gave me and taught me. I am a good mother to my girls because of what my mum taught me. If not for her I would be totally lost!!!

So now Mother's Day is very special to me and not just because I am a mother myself but because I know have a greater appreciation for my mum!

In saying that I do love getting my homemade card from Mya every year! And this year was even better because I had both of my girls.

Poor Colm isn't very organised and because he works all the time (I'm not complaining - thank god he has work) but it does mean that he never gets the time to buy presents and usually I buy them. But as we haven't had a car this last few weeks I only managed to get my mum and his mum presents yesterday and didn't have time to look for myself. Although I am quite proud that both mums loved their presents!!

So today Colm and the girls and I went to Newry to visit the toyshop and took a wonder into Currys just for a look around - I am a real geek and love visiting stores like Currys which is a techno geeks dream!

Never did I imagine that I would be leaving with an iPad mini!!!! Best fiancé ever!! I absolutely love it and feel very very spoiled! I actually felt quite bad getting it. Colm wanted to get me something as he was in England on Valentines day and I didn't get a present and he was working on my birthday a few weeks ago and I didn't get a present then. No matter how many times I tell him it doesn't matter and I don't mind he doesn't believe me!

Now I feel bad because the presents he got for Valentines day and his birthday don't compare at all to my amazing gift :-( I can't win lol

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment